Even in the midst of summer, we’re starting to see fall/winter 2020 fashion trends emerge for the months ahead, all informed by the runways from last February. These are the looks pointing toward the pieces you’ll want to shop for yourselves, and who would we be if we didn’t share them with you?
While the past few seasons have taken strong influences from the ’80s and ’90s, we’re at a point in fashion where collections seem to harken back to more than one decade all at once. For example, there are two directions you can now turn to if you’re a fan of the ’80s: après-ski prep or Joan Jett rocker. Don’t worry, we’ll break those down for you after the jump.
We’re championing all of the trends below because they can be integrated into anyone’s closet and they’ll appeal to a wide range of tastes. Also, they’re just plain fun, and easy to wear — yes, even the asymmetrical sleeves and cutouts. Who’s ready to switch things up?
- Fall Fashion Trends 2020: Jewel Tones
- Fall Fashion Trends 2020: Cutouts
- Fall Fashion Trends 2020: Shearling Outerwear
- Fall Fashion Trends 2020: Asymmetrical Sleeves
- Fall Fashion Trends 2020: Colored Leather
- Fall Fashion Trends 2020: ’80s Rocker
- Fall Fashion Trends 2020: Like a Boss
- Fall Fashion Trends 2020: ’80s Prep
- Fall Fashion Trends 2020: Modern Equestrian
— Additional reporting by Hannah Weil McKinley, Nikita Ramsinghani, Dana Avidan Cohn, and Laura Lajiness
Sources from: POPSUGAR